Booking your Inverell accommodation is only the first step in your wonderful holiday in our picturesque town in the heart of the country. Here are 8 of the best things to do, all close to your accommodation in Inverell, NSW.
- Shopping: For a unique shopping experience, you can’t go past our fabulous boutiques offering locally sourced sapphires, arts and crafts, eclectic fashion, and lots of tasty bakeries, cafes and restaurants. All these destinations are within easy walking distance of most Inverell hotels and motels.
- Fossicking: You can watch local sapphires being cut and polished or even try your own hand at fossicking yourself in Inverell. There are a variety of businesses that provide all the equipment you need to fossick on their land and within easy reach of your Inverell accommodation.
- Wine Tasting: A short 30-minute drive north-west brings you to the Thomas New England Estate Winery, a local winery producing chardonnay, shiraz, merlot and cabernet sauvignon wines. The cellar door is open Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, 11am to 4pm (check first as these times can change).
- Fishing and Boating: If you have brought your lines and boat with you, why not spend the day on the waters of Copeton Dam (bigger than Sydney Harbour) and only 40 minutes south-west of your accommodation in Inverell, NSW. Stocked with Murray Cod, Golden Perch and Silver Perch, this is a great day out for the whole family.
- Inverell Pioneer Village: With authentic buildings and memorabilia, this wonderfully recreated village holds the War Museum, as well as lock collections, and gem and mineral displays, not forgetting the steam engines and horse drawn wagons and carriages.
- National Transport Museum: For the auto lovers, you can check out the array of trucks, cars, motorbikes, tractors, bikes, scooters and even some rare vehicles at the Transport Museum in Inverell. The museum is in the heart of the town and close to most Inverell hotels and motels.
- Golf: Visit the Inverell Golf Club, a beautifully maintained 18-hole course for a quick round of 9 or 18 holes; treat yourself to buggy and spend a few idle hours relaxing on the green.
- Bushwalking: Slippery Rock Walking Track is in the Kwiambal National Park and is just one of the many walking tracks in the area. With spectacular gorge views, as well as birdwatching and fishing, it’s only a short 50-minute drive north from your accommodation in Inverell, NSW.
These are just a few of the great things to do in the area. Call us on 02 6722 2077 or send us an email to book your Inverell accommodation, so you don’t miss out!